Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welcome New Members

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Tjay View Post

    My boy is 11 in February, I think I'll give it another try.
    Definitely do.

    My boys have been playing dek hockey since they've been 6 and 7. Were always very good players, but not they place ice, it's all they want to do.

    Comment


    • In Canada we start them young lol. This is my son on his first birthday. I built him a back yard skating rink lol Click image for larger version

Name:	070-Steve first skate.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	61533
      THE Boards Token Canadian Fan

      Comment


      • Originally posted by TK27 View Post
        In Canada we start them young lol. This is my son on his first birthday. I built him a back yard skating rink lol Click image for larger version

Name:	070-Steve first skate.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	61533
        That was my dream. I wanted to build a rink for my kids. Good for you. Pittsburgh I might have been able to but we only spent one winter there. Virginia doesn't get cold enough.....One year's old, could he even walk?
        #Bloodoath

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Tjay View Post

          That was my dream. I wanted to build a rink for my kids. Good for you. Pittsburgh I might have been able to but we only spent one winter there. Virginia doesn't get cold enough.....One year's old, could he even walk?
          Had just started to walk.
          THE Boards Token Canadian Fan

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Tjay View Post

            That's a good spot. Tampa, Orlando, Disney, Bush Garden's, Cape Canaveral, and a lot of other destinations near by. We left because of the heat. We never wanted to go outside.
            yeah i just moved in june from north jersey, right in the middle of the worst of the heat. i do my running etc. in the AM before it gets too bad. it's just starting to get to the point where you can walk around semi-comfortable in the middle of the day.

            the good news is i don't have to shovel humidity. 30+ years of snow (half of that spent living in the mountains in north NJ), you get tired of it.

            plus the ridiculous NY cost of living, etc. i like it a lot so far.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Radek's Revenge View Post

              yeah i just moved in june from north jersey, right in the middle of the worst of the heat. i do my running etc. in the AM before it gets too bad. it's just starting to get to the point where you can walk around semi-comfortable in the middle of the day.

              the good news is i don't have to shovel humidity. 30+ years of snow (half of that spent living in the mountains in north NJ), you get tired of it.

              plus the ridiculous NY cost of living, etc. i like it a lot so far.
              Where in North Jersey were you?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by TonyD View Post

                Where in North Jersey were you?
                ringwood; right on the passaic/bergen border.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Radek's Revenge View Post

                  ringwood; right on the passaic/bergen border.
                  I've passed through there. Not far from West Point, I'm sorry to say I've never been.
                  #Bloodoath

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Radek's Revenge View Post

                    ringwood; right on the passaic/bergen border.
                    ahh, okay - I am in Lake Hopatcong, towards Sparta but in Morris County

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X