This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LateNightOilFan View Post

Lol, I should have kept reading. I have a feeling you and I may have been in the same hockey pool a few years ago. There was a guy in the pool that went by TK, and it was run by some of the Seaking pilots in Shearwater. Maybe?
    However I should mention that I was posted in Shearwater for a small time about 5 years back. I tried to get posted back there for 2 reasons. One to get to Long Island before the Coli closed and I wanted to motorcycle the East coast to Florida.
    THE Boards Token Canadian Fan

Comment

Originally posted by Walstib View Post

Note to self, get Tjay a Swedish National team jersey with Bailey's name on it for Christmas.
      I'll tell you what, if you buy the jersey at the Islander's team store before ownership changes hand and get Kaszycki to pay for it, I'll proudly wear the jersey.
      "We’re all buying in. There’s pride about being an Islander.”

Comment

Originally posted by TK27 View Post

However I should mention that I was posted in Shearwater for a small time about 5 years back. I tried to get posted back there for 2 reasons. One to get to Long Island before the Coli closed and I wanted to motorcycle the East coast to Florida.
        I95 is not very scenic after you leave the NYC Metropolitan area. In the New Haven area, you can see the Long Island Sound and you past right by the Soundtigers arena in Bridgeport. You do get great views of the City (NY) from different angles as you go from Westchester to the Bronx into NJ. After that, nothing. Best bet is find a way to get to the roads that make up the old US1. That road is near the coast especially in Florida.

If you want some of the most spectacular views of the skyline, cross the East River via the RFK (formerly Triborough) Bridge and brave the BQE towards the Verrazano Bridge. You pass all 4 Manhattan bound spans (Queenborough, Williamsburgh, Manhattan & Brooklyn Bridges); the skyline is almost on top of you and you can see the Statue of Liberty as you cross on Staten Island. Whether it's the daytime or lit up at night, I am always gobsmacked when I am driving that way. It really is worth the horrendous traffic on the BQE.
        Last edited by FranzyFan; 05-29-2016, 06:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tjay View Post

I'll tell you what, if you buy the jersey at the Islander's team store before ownership changes hand and get Kaszycki to pay for it, I'll proudly wear the jersey.
          Let WANG pay for it !

Comment

Originally posted by FranzyFan View Post

I95 is not very scenic after you leave the NYC Metropolitan area. In the New Haven area, you can see the Long Island Sound and you past right by the Soundtigers arena in Bridgeport. You do get great views of the City (NY) from different angles as you go from Westchester to the Bronx into NJ. After that, nothing. Best bet is find a way to get to the roads that make up the old US1. That road is near the coast especially in Florida.

If you want some of the most spectacular views of the skyline, cross the East River via the RFK (formerly Triborough) Bridge and brave the BQE towards the Verrazano Bridge. You pass all 4 Manhattan bound spans (Queenborough, Williamsburgh, Manhattan & Brooklyn Bridges); the skyline is almost on top of you and you can see the Statue of Liberty as you cross on Staten Island. Whether it's the daytime or lit up at night, I am always gobsmacked when I am driving that way. It really is worth the horrendous traffic on the BQE.
            I have already down the west coast of the States and it was oceanside scenic all the way. So I have seen the scenic I'm just more interested in laying tracks down where I have been before
            THE Boards Token Canadian Fan

Comment

Working...
            X