This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other Boards

Most of us have been members of other hockey message boards. Many of us are still members of those other boards. We all have our own reasons for being here. It is my sincere hope that we can stay away from discussing what goes on, on these other boards. I want to make NY Isles Talk the best place to be, the place where people come first to discuss the Islanders. Part of that is not bashing anyone else. This board is about respect above all else. That includes showing respect to places our fellow members still frequent.

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation!
    "There’s unfinished business," coach Barry Trotz said.

Yes, I am hoping that this spot will be more hassle free than others I belong / used to belong to.

Different room in the same house.

Comment

Well said MW. There are folks I like, admire and respect on other boards - and running any board is simply not an easy thing to do.
      The object is to win. Not just to compete, but to win.

Comment

I feel dirty when I go to my other board. Truthfully, because of the bad apples, I don't enjoy it anymore.
        "We’re all buying in. There’s pride about being an Islander.”

Comment

For me it's not one or the other, I have 2 places to check. There are people who I enjoy discussing things with at both boards.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
            For me it's not one or the other, I have 2 places to check. There are people who I enjoy discussing things with at both boards.
            I think that sums it up nicely. no need to discuss other boards. This is an Islander fan board with good people here to talk Isles hockey with. Good enough for me.

Comment

Civility is what it's all about. Glad to be here. Great job guys. MY 1ST POST!!

Comment

Originally posted by CUPNOW View Post
                Welcome??
                "There’s unfinished business," coach Barry Trotz said.

Comment

Originally posted by CUPNOW View Post
                  Remember to be civil when I call for Cappy's head.

Comment

• CUPNOW
                    CUPNOW commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Just as long as YOU'RE civil when calling for his head!

Originally posted by Islemutt View Post
                  Remember to be civil when I call for Cappy's head.
                  When??? What are you waiting for

Comment

Currently, when I want to read up on the Islanders, I spend my time at Islanderspointblank, Lighthousehockey, Islandersinsight, and the hockeywriters. Does anyhone have a suggestion for daily indepth analysis on the team I might be missing?

Comment

• Bossy573
                      Bossy573 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Anything I type is a goldmine of valuable information. Read it, absorb it, live it.

• Tjay
                      Tjay commented
                      Editing a comment
                      LOL,Yes sir!

Right here!

Comment

This is where I learned of Arbour passing, Grabner traded, Ho-Sang demoted, and Nelson signing.

Comment

Originally posted by gazaroog View Post
                        Right here!
                        Your right, the staff has done a great job posting links to other sites, it is much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post

Hi Scott. My first post here will be echoing what you said. My feelings exactly.

Comment

Working...
                          X