Our 1st Anniversary!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our 1st Anniversary!

Today is the first anniversary of the board going live. It's been an interesting year, to say the least, both on the board and with the team.

The team moved from their home of 43 years, to their new home at Barclays. Some like Barclays, some tolerate it, others hate it. No shortage of opinions there!

We won a playoff series for the first time in over 20 years, in a way that cannot have been more exciting.

New ownership took over, and while it is early and talk is cheap, damn do I like the talk so far! If they can walk the walk and not just talk the talk it is going to be a very exciting time to be an Islander fan!

Recently questions about how long they will stay at Barclays have come out. Again, no shortage of opinions and speculation.

Lots of roster changes and plenty of questions as we approach a new season. And while no one should be "satisfied" to just make the playoffs and perhaps win a round, when you take a step back and put things in perspective, it is amazing how much expectations have (rightfully) changed. The day of moral victories being all we had are over.

As for the board, we are not a large group, but we are everything Dom and Gaz and I hoped for when we started this 1 year ago. There is plenty of discussion, plenty of disagreements and different views, but we have kept it civil and respectful. For that I thank all of you. Hopefully we can add some more regulars this season and make the discussion even more interesting, while the team (hopefully) takes another step forward.

Thanks and congratulations to everyone! And here's to a better season coming up!!
    "There’s unfinished business," coach Barry Trotz said.

It's been an exciting year and I'm happy to have been apart of it and had the opportunity to share it all with you here.
    "We’re all buying in. There’s pride about being an Islander.”

Comment

Happy Anniversary - Where are the pumpkin emoticons I was promised ?

Comment

I'm so glad you guys put this board together. I'm enjoying the Islander board experience so much better with the small knowledgeable group that we have as well as respectful. I'm just disappointed that I didn't find this board until December.
        THE Boards Token Canadian Fan

Comment

Congrats guys !

Comment

I was hoping I was in a coma for a year and we were celebrating the anniversary of Capuano's new career in the food service industry.
            The object is to win. Not just to compete, but to win.

Comment

Originally posted by Bossy573 View Post
              I was hoping I was in a coma for a year and we were celebrating the anniversary of Capuano's new career in the food service industry.
              You were. I was worried! Capuano signed that lifetime contract a year ago now and we haven't heard from you since.

Comment

Great year for the board and the team. Great group of guys here who know the game and luv the team.

1 yr later and we're chugging along nicely!

Comment

Congrats on your first anniversary!

Comment

a little late to the party but its amazing how quickly one year flies right by. We have a great bunch of poster on this board who have their opinions and everyone respects each others point of view regardless of if they agree with it or not and that makes for great discussions.

Comment

Originally posted by ndh41 View Post
                      a little late to the party but its amazing how quickly one year flies right by. We have a great bunch of poster on this board who have their opinions and everyone respects each others point of view regardless of if they agree with it or not and that makes for great discussions.
                      Couldn't agree more!
                      THE Boards Token Canadian Fan

Comment

Originally posted by ndh41 View Post
                        Except when it comes to Bailey, I think the census is 100% agreed that he sucks as a top 6 forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Tjay View Post

Except when it comes to Bailey, I think the census is 100% agreed that he sucks as a top 6 forward.
                          Absolutely...and don't forget, he's a throw in for whatever deal we make.

Comment

Thanks to all the moderators for keeping a clean and respectful site that is a pleasure to be a part of. Another successful season that ended to early.
                            Last edited by Tjay; 04-10-2017, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tjay View Post
                              Thanks to all the moderators for keeping clean and respectful site that is a pleasure to be a part of. Another successful season that ended to early.
                              Here is the beauty of this board. I am one of the mods, but due to a very crazy schedule of my kids, I've been super busy this year with their activities primarily centered around hockey, I'm not around as much as I'd like. With that said, there really isn't much moderating to do, so it's not an issue.

There have been so few issues and even the very mild issues we've encountered, they solved themselves. That's due to the members of this board. It's a pleasure to be around such good natured individuals who are looking to just discuss hockey and the Islanders. So based on that, I personally want to thank all of you and your contributions to this board.

And ofcourse thanks to Mark who created and funded the board along with Dom.

Comment

Working...
                              X