X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helpful Hints

I will keep adding things to here when I figure them out:

1. Change your Avatar:
    Go under your name at the top right hand portion of the screen and click on user profile. Then hover over your default avatar and an "edit" prompt will come up. You can then change your avatar.

Multi quote has been bothering me. I KNOW I turned it on. Finally figured it out.

Click on the quote button in each post you want to quote. Then on the top left there is a "post reply" button. It will show how many posts you are quoting. Click on that and you will be able to quote multiple posts. Go to the bottom and type your reply.
    "There’s unfinished business," coach Barry Trotz said.

Comment

Changing your signature is a little hidden but here is how to do it:
      1. On the top right of the site click on your use name, then on "My Profile".
      2. On the left side click on "Edit Settings."
      3. Click on "Account".
      4. Scroll down to "conversation detail options" then click on "edit post signature".
      5. Edit your signature and accept the change.

Comment

Originally posted by mw147 View Post
        Changing your signature is a little hidden but here is how to do it:
        1. On the top right of the site click on your use name, then on "My Profile".
        2. On the left side click on "Edit Settings."
        3. Click on "Account".
        4. Scroll down to "conversation detail options" then click on "edit post signature".
        5. Edit your signature and accept the change.
        Hey Mark
        How do I change my username ?

Comment

Originally posted by Islenut View Post
          Hey Mark
          I will figure it out and get back to you.

Comment

Don't like scrolling back to the top of the screen to go back to the main section or back a page? Hit "GO TO TOP" at the bottom right hand portion of the page in the gray section.

Comment

Here are some more obvious tips, but nonetheless:
              • To add a photo to a post, hit the Camera button in the top left hand corner of the text box you are in.
              • To edit your fonts, click on the underlined A to the top right hand corner of the text box you are in. You can also upload attachments with the clipped note icon and add smileys with the happy face icon.

Comment

Originally posted by Islenut View Post
                Hey Mark
                I think I have to do it. Tell me what you want and I will give it a shot.

Comment

I think I have to do it. Tell me what you want and I will give it a shot.
                  Islemutt

Comment

Another tip that may or may not be obvious:

Use the Message Feature in red at the top right hand portion of the screen. It will bring you to any of your instant messages or show who has responded or liked one of your posts.

Comment

Originally posted by Islemutt View Post
                      Islemutt
                      Done!

Hey, I am starting the get the hang of this admin stuff, I got it on my first try!!!

Comment

I can't get my avatar to look right. I'm on my phone. Any tricks or do I have to go in on the computer

Comment

• MrsDp
                          MrsDp commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Oh never mind it worked! Yay

QUOTE VS. COMMENT

This board software has a quote button and a comment button.

When you use the "quote" button, you add your own thoughts, then post, which brings the original post and your reply up to the top of the thread.

When you use the "comment" button, it just adds your thoughts at the bottom of the post you are commenting on, and does not bring the post up to the top. It stays where it was.

I suggest using the "quote" button most of the time, so the most people will see your post and will be able to discuss it. I would like to disable the comment button but I don't think I can.

Comment

QUOTE VS. COMMENT

This board software has a quote button and a comment button.

When you use the "quote" button, you add your own thoughts, then post, which brings the original post and your reply up to the top of the thread.

When you use the "comment" button, it just adds your thoughts at the bottom of the post you are commenting on, and does not bring the post up to the top. It stays where it was.

I suggest using the "quote" button most of the time, so the most people will see your post and will be able to discuss it. I would like to disable the comment button but I don't think I can.

Another problem with the comment feature, unless I just can't figure it out, is that you can not reply to a comment. If you click on quote, only the original post comes up, not the comment.
                          Josh Bailey, 2020 Conn Smythe trophy winner.

#bloodoath
                          #secondaryassitsmatter

Comment

• Dom
                            Dom commented
                            Editing a comment
                            With that said, it seems the comment feature is unnecessary, and I agree with MW147 that we could probably do without it.

• Walstib
                            Walstib commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Thank you!

• Tjay
                            Tjay commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I had to read that twice!

Hey guys.. what is that orange bar thing underneath everyone's name?

Comment

Working...
                          X